We exist to nourish connections with, and between, our teammates, guests + communities. We provide small-town hospitality for every member of our Lazy Dog family and create experiences that allow people to enjoy the moment, and each other over handcrafted food and drink. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work Two Years in a Row 2019-2020.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Achievable Bonus
- Paid Vacations
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life
- Company-paid meal card
- 401K plan
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Amazing company culture
If you are looking to be part of a rapidly growing company, love being part of a dynamic, close-knit team, are looking to play an important, ever-expanding role in the accounting department, and you love free food, then this is the job for you!
- Oversee the accounting team, including general ledger, accounts payable, and cash management functions.
- Prepare accurate and timely consolidated financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis including information to evaluate operating results and performance against budget.
- Develop, enhance and implement business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls, using technology to drive efficiency.
- Analyze, interpret and record business transactions according to generally accepted accounting principles and provide technical accounting research as needed.
- Manage external audits (financial statement, sales tax, property tax, etc.) and tax return preparation.
- Assist with the implementation of the new lease guidance and related software tool.
- Communicate cross-departmentally to ensure projects and rollouts are supported from an accounting and system perspective.
- Continuously train, develop, and challenge the accounting team.
Qualifications & experience
- Solid analytical, problem solving, verbal, and written communication skills.
- CPA certification required.
- 6+ years of general accounting experience with strong knowledge of GAAP
- Education - Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Restaurant/retail experience preferred but not required.
- Trusting, passionate, humble, and gracious.
About Lazy Dog Restaurant:
Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar is a family-run group of restaurants based out of Southern California. Established in 2003, we have quickly grown throughout 7 states. We are seeking individuals who share our love for providing an excellent culinary experience, warm small-town hospitality and exceptional service to our guests. With a 25% growth rate, we are creating the potential for growth in all Management positions.
Inspired by the lifestyle in the Rocky Mountains, where founder Chris Simms spent much of his childhood, this family-run group of restaurants offers the perfect environment for a week-night dinner, a meandering meal with old friends or a big night out. Open for lunch and dinner daily with an extensive bar program that includes specialty cocktails made from fresh ingredients, a wide selection of craft beers, local beers and Lazy Dog's own house beer selection. Lazy Dog is proud to be a neighborhood culinary destination that cultivates happy guests and be the place for communities to celebrate mealtime together.
For more about our amazing culture please view our website or these videos below.
Lazy Dog Trailer
Inside our Scratch Kitchen
Lazy Dog Featured in Top 10 Emerging Brands
- Accounting: Bachelors degree or better
- 3 year(s): Experience managing and mentoring team members.
- 6 year(s): General accounting experience with a strong knowledge of GAAP.
Apply on company website