SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Lee's Summit Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At LSMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Life of an HCA Nurse
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Registered Nurse where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
From heart attack to stroke to gunshot wounds, motor vehicle accidents, or just fractured bones, ER nurses see it all. ER nurses learn to quickly triage patients based on immediate observation and acute assessment skills, then to treat symptoms in order of life-threatening priority.About this unit:
- 20 Care Areas (13 Head walls, 3 Fast Track, 4 Hallway positions)
- Processes are down! With door to doc time less than 10 mins!
- Primary Stroke, Level II STEMI Center, Acuity is 3.1
- Average of 60 patients a day
- Open culture, collaborative team environment with amazing leadership!
- The role of the Registered Nurse is to perform patient care under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director.
- The Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the mission of Lee's Summit Medical Center Hospital.
- The Registered Nurse in this department provides care for ages 0-30 Days Neonate, 1-12 Months Infant, 1-2 Yrs Toddler, 3-6 Yrs Early Child, 7-11 Yrs Child, 12-17 Yrs Adolescent, 18-39 Yrs Young Adult, 40-64 Yrs Adult and 65+ Geriatric patients.
- BSN preferred
- Must have a current MO RN license upon hire or a current multistate RN license. If only a multistate RN license is provided upon hire, a MO RN license will be required within 90 days of employment.
- BLS required upon hire
- ENPC and/or PALS within 6 months of hire.
- ACLS required upon hire
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification required within 90 days of hire and annually within the fiscal year. Shall document a minimum of four(4) hours of cerebrovascular (stroke) related continuing nursing education per fiscal year.
- Shall be credentialed in trauma care (TNCC) within one 6 months of assignment documenting a minimum of eight (8) hours of trauma related continuing nursing education per year.
- No previous experience required other than clinical rotations required as part of the degree completion.
- Prior experience in a similar size facility with similar services provided is preferred.
- Previous emergency, pre-hospital or critical care preferred.
Lee's Summit Medical Center serves Lee's Summit, Missouri, and surrounding areas. The 80 -bed advanced technology facility is both a Joint Commission Chest Pain Certified Hospital and a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center. LSMC is an affiliate of HCA Healthcare.
Additional features include:
Emergency Department with 14 private treatment rooms;
Orthopedic and Spine Center,
Level II stroke designation
Cardiovascular services with a cardiac catheterization lab, cardiac rehabilitation, vascular surgery and more;
Rehabilitation services with physical, occupational and speech therapy and sports medicine;
Surgical service, including bariatrics, orthopedics, colorectal and robotic assisted procedures; imaging services;
The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Lee's Summit Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Interested in learning more about this or other RN positions at LSMC? Contact Recruiter, Tom Eyberg at 913-209-6606 or email Thomas.Eyberg@hcahealthcare.com for more information!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website