Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Fort Walton Beach, FL provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS AIS-FWB has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Title: Manufacturing Test Equipment Engineer
Apply basic engineering principles to perform routine test system design, lean practices, process development, modification and/or evaluation in support of manufacturing testing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- May prepare plans and/or procedures, conduct support studies, provide analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing testing
- Involved with the design and development of manufacturing test systems for performance testing of products for product acceptance. Emphasis will be on developing automated test stations utilizing LabView
- Responsibilities are limited in scope
- Follow standard practices/procedures in analyzing situations or data
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Perform basic software development and debugging of test systems in multiple software tools. Review detail designs to create test protocols on occasion
- May assist technicians in the build of the test hardware
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable engineering field and 0+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- Specialties may include manufacturing, production, testing, processing, software, and robotics
- Must have experience with electronic device programming (firmware/software)
- Database management, Power BI/Power Query knowledge a plus
- Experience with LabView a plus
- Must be proficient in Excel
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Apply on company website