Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC, a joint venture between Leonardo DRS and Thales, is a technical leader in the fields of sonar systems, sonar signal processing, acoustic training systems, and open architecture system and software integration. The venture focuses on emerging areas in the undersea warfare domain where the customer has identified mission-critical needs. For additional information about Advanced Acoustic Concepts, please visit our website at http://www.aaccorp.com.
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY or Columbia, MD
Title: Vice President, Finance
Position Summary: The VP of Finance will be responsible for accounting and financial reporting, business unit or division finance, strategic planning/budgeting, cash management, capital planning, program finance, and new business finance functions. Provide executive leadership by developing and implementing financial business operations strategies and managing financial resources to ensure the achievement of the business' plans and objectives. Oversee the business unit's overall financial plans and compliance with policies. A principal responsibility will be to ensure the quality of financial management throughout the organization, including processes and business analysis and providing informative reports to the entire senior management team. This candidate will also be responsible for managing the reporting efforts to the Company Leadership to include the CFO, COO, and others as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities: The VP of Finance is responsible for performing tasks as directed which includes the following but is not limited to these tasks:
- Responsible for accounting/financial reporting, division finance, strategic planning/budgeting, cash management, capital planning, program finance, and new business finance functions
- Provide executive leadership by developing and implementing financial and business operations strategies as well as managing financial resources to ensure the achievement of the LOB's business plans and objectives
- Provide financial and accounting guidance to the VP/GM and other senior staff member to ensure the organizational unit achieves short- and long-term financial goals
- Assist management in understanding the business dynamics, which includes relationships, models, trends, leading indicators, and business statistics
- Gather, interpret, and evaluate operating results in terms of costs, budgets, trends, and policies and processes in order to achieve margin and net profit improvement
- Prepare financial statements and reports of findings and recommendations to senior management
- Serve as main point of contact for auditors
- Direct and oversee implementation of large programs and projects
- Accountable for meeting project timelines, budgets, performance standards, and department objectives
- May provide analysis on business development and may monitor business performance by unit, division or brand
- Select, supervise, develop, and evaluate accounting staff to ensure the efficient operation of financial activities
- Develop managers by coaching, training, motivating, and mentoring
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 15+ years of work experience, with a minimum of 7 years of leadership experience or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Government contracting experience highly preferred
- Knowledge and experience with DCAA/DCMA and FAR regulations
- CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Strong conceptual and business analytical skills.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure of time constraints is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent judgment
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and expert Excel
- Lifting up to 10 lbs.: up to 25% of time
- Walking: up to 25% of time
- Climbing, Bending, Standing, Stooping, Kneeling: up to 10% of time
- Sitting: up to 75% of time
- Ability to travel to the NY office as needed
AAC works on a 9/80 compressed schedule whereby employees work 80 hours in 2 weeks with every other Friday off.
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #MCSS
Apply on company website