LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world's brightest. Supporting the world's bravest.Location
Dallas, TexasJob Summary
DRS Infrared Sensors and Systems in Dallas, Texas specializes as a worldwide leader in thermal imagery and sensory solutions for commercial and military applications.
We are looking to add a new member to our Focal Plane Array (FPA) team to help provide the vision and technical expertise necessary to drive our development activities needed to lead the industry in product capability and manufacturability.
We are looking for an engineer with experience in technical project management to lead problem-solving and continuous improvement initiatives as we push our processing technology and manufacturability to meet tomorrow's program challenges. This person will also influence iterative improvements to data collection systems, enabling stronger data analysis capability for studying yield and process improvement opportunities.Desired Skills
- Desire to win and the ability to effectively integrate with the team
- Self-motivated and focused on developing and successfully implementing the team's vision and goals
- Working knowledge of semiconductor processing, circuit design, and test
- Experience with failure analysis tools and techniques
- Strong knowledge base in and experience with problem solving processes (e.g. Kepner-Tregoe, 8D).
- Experience using waterfall, Agile, and hybrid project management methodologies and tools to structure and plan projects for cross-functional teams
- Experience managing project budgets with respect to manpower allocations, charge numbers, and project activity funding (e.g. experiments, failure analysis testing)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to engage stakeholders and prepare project plans, reports and documentation
- Ability to effectively participate in cross-functional teams to improve yields, solve problems and implement corrective actions
- Experience leveraging continuous improvement methodologies and tools to proactively identify improvement areas, and prioritizing using cost-benefit analyses or other techniques
- Experience identifying data collection needs, specifying data types and relationships, and aiding in resulting implementation projects (including collecting stakeholder buy-in and providing training)
- Experience using analysis software packages to investigate trends and observations, then summarize findings (ex. Cornerstone, JMP, Spotfire, Minitab, etc.)
- Experience developing and/or using risk management tools, such as failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), control plan, and fault tree analysis
- Analyze and influence the potential projects needed to address both systemic and excursion-based yield issues within the Focal Plane Array manufacturing environment
- Lead teams to complete projects on schedule and within budget, offering technical knowledge and assistance as needed
- Prepare required messaging, documentation and reports on project status, plan, metrics, impact, roadblocks, experiments, business case, and learnings
- Design and implementation of infrastructure to improve effectiveness of yield and problem solving related work
- Develop reports and software tools to improve capability of monitoring for excursions and/or solving problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field, or equivalent of education and experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or related project management certification a plus
- Experience: 5+ years of experience with semiconductor processes and design, and associated applications
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Apply on company website