SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
LewisGale Hospital Pulaski (LGHP) is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Pulaski is considered a neighbor to the Virginia Tech Hokie community and is a short 45 minute drive from Roanoke, VA. The HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital is a 147-bed acute care facility with more than 350 employees and has been recognized by Joint Commission as a Top Performer. The medical staff includes a wide range of primary care and specialty care physicians, including Cardiology, Otolaryngology, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urology and Oncology as well as Hospitalists.
We are looking for a PRN LCSW to join our 16-bed inpatient unit that serves the New River Valley and surrounding areas. Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. As a PRN employee you can plan for your future by participating in our 401k program.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Provides initial and ongoing psychosocial assessments for patients/families having complex psychosocial needs, mental health illness and or substance abuse needs.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary treatment team and develops treatment goals and plans interventions that assist the patient and family to resolve psychosocial concerns that may arise as a result of illnesses, engagement in high-risk social behaviors (i.e. substance abuse), limited finances and/or physical disabilities.
- In consultation with the Clinical Case Manager, applies the rules of Severity of Illness, Intensity of Service, and Discharge Indicators consistently in evaluating medical necessity.
- Educates patients and families to the patient's needs post discharge and informs them of the alternatives available to meet those needs.
- Refers patients who require extended care post discharge to post-acute care facilities. Once an appropriate bed is located, arranges for the patient's transfer.
- Collaborates with community agencies that provide services to assist with housing, financial, transportation, psychosocial, and educational needs of patients/families post discharge.
- Provides interdisciplinary and collaborative care, treatment and services; initiates patient/family meeting and communicates results with the health care team to achieve positive outcomes as indicated.
- Documents clinical / social work assessments, treatment goals, interventions, outcomes, and discharge plans in the patient's medical record congruent with departmental policies.
- Provides crisis and supportive counseling to enhance the patient's and family's problem solving and coping skills. Counsels patient/families regarding advance medical directives.
- Takes a proactive role in discharge planning. Documents aftercare appointments and instructions on the discharge Information Form in a timely manner.
- Communicates with aftercare providers to ensure continuity and coordination of care.
- Provides ongoing education on ethical, psychosocial, discharge planning issues and other care coordination for the other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains current knowledge of trends related to care coordination issues through attendance and active participation in continuing education and professional organizations.
- Attends/participates in departmental and supervision meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in related field of study (required)
- Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker through the Virginia Department of Health Professions (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider upon hire or obtained within 90 days of hire (required)
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certification upon hire or obtained within 60 days of employment (rqeuired)
- One Year paid employment or a field placement in a health care setting (required)
- Two years paid employment or a field placement in a health care setting (preferred)
- PRN (hours vary)
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website