DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Are you looking for a work environment as a Medical Technologist where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with LewisGale Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
At LewisGale Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefits eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
Our Medical Technologists (MT) perform assigned laboratory tests in specialty departments to include Hematology, Clinical Chemistry, Blood Bank, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Microbiology. By conducting laboratory tests and procedures, you will help to provide data for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
- Day-to-day duties include complex analysis of microscopic, immunologic, biologic, bacteriologic, hematologic, and chemical tests and their results.
- You will also be responsible for specimen receiving and putting away supplies when received in the department.
- You will troubleshoot/resolve instrument problems and document corrective action in appropriate log and when necessary, perform instrumentation repairs.
- Assure that quality control is properly performed and logged and follow proper department procedure for corrective action.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to train new employees and/or students.
- You will actively participate in phlebotomy and the accession responsibilities.
LewisGale Medical Center (LGMC) delivers quality care to our patients located in the beautiful mountainous region of Southwest Virginia. LGMC is a 506-bed acute care facility and is the largest hospital in the LewisGale Regional Health System (LGRHS). Through our extensive network stretching from the Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys, we have the privilege of serving more than 250,000 patients each year.
LewisGale is also ranked among the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for benchmarked quality cancer care, patient safety and satisfaction and health outcomes. Lastly, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) have ranked us among the top hospitals.
- Graduate or Pending Graduate with a Bachelor's of Science Degree or related science
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science preferred
- MT registry or eligible. Successful completion of MT registry within 12 months of eligibility or hire
- Full Time / 40 hours per week
- Every weekend, 3pm-3am; plus two 8-hour shifts (3pm-11pm) during the week
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Medical Technologist opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website