Full Time - 36 Hours
Sign On Bonus: $20,000.00
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, "Summit Award" from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, "Consumer Choice Award" from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina's “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.Job Summary
Functions in a role that provides supplemental staffing to units as assigned. Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, , and families; supervising assigned team members. Identifies the needs of patients and families using the nursing process across practice settings and across the continuum of care. All responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the mission, vision, strategic imperatives and standards of the Lexington County Health District, American Nurses Association Standards and in accordance with the provisions/statues set forth by the South Carolina Nurse Practice Act.Minimum Qualifications
Minimum Education: ADN, Diploma or Bachelors of Science in Nursing
*New graduate RN's who acquire their generic RN education through an on-line program will not meet LMC minimum qualifications
Minimum Years of Experience: 3 Years of acute care experience, with at least 1 year of Critical Care or Intermediate Care experience in the past 5 years
Substitutable Education & Experience: None.
Required Certifications/Licensure: Current RN license to practice in the State of South Carolina; Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (or within 6 months of hire into the role.)
**Refer to Mandatory Certification Requirements P&P for required education/certification for various nursing specialties.
Required Training: None.
Patient Care and Support
- Establishes positive rapport with patient and family; Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families; Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; provides education to patient, and family in a manner they can understand their condition, medications, and self-care skills, etc. and provides them ample opportunity to ask questions; Serves as patient/family advocate; Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and ongoing needs; Uses a systematic critical-thinking approach to guide data gathering, assessment, nursing judgement, intervention and evaluation of human responses to actual and potential health problems; Identifies, synthesizes and interprets sources of data using reasonable clinical judgement to respond to dynamic situations in a timely and effective manner; Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential; Uses ethical decision making processes and advocates for acceptable patient outcomes; Provides supplemental staffing to Medical Surgical or Critical Care Units as assigned; Maintains competencies in areas of specialty such as Medical Surgical areas or Critical Care.
Clinical Work Quality
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations; Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies; Participates in process/performance improvement activities and initiatives utilizing evidence based practice to maintain and/or improve quality of care and safe patient care systems and processes; Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel; Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations; Documents all patient care activities accurately and timely; Provides safe, appropriate, quality of care and support to patients and family members; Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques; Appropriately utilizes all nursing supplies and equipment; Demonstrates effective teamwork skills and maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods; Promptly responds to all communication devices in order to meet patient needs; Assists in performing and documenting environmental checks as required by LMC policy and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies; Meets or exceeds all LMC requirements for attendance and service expectations; Maintains required certifications; Completes yearly safety training and other mandatory classes; Complies with all annual employee health requirements; Earns a minimum of 20 hours of continuing education annually within specialty; Performs other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee's desires and abilities and the hospital's needs.
Apply on company website