Certified Academic Reading Instructor
Philadelphia Job Corps Life Science Institute is seeking for an Academic Reading Instructor. The academic reading instructor reports to the manager, academics.Responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Provides students with basic direction in compliance with government and management directives. Essential Functions:
1. Provide students with basic director, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction.
2. Conduct integrated lessons, participate in formal learning teams.
3. Complete and participate in weekly evaluations of student progress panels.
4. Develop and conduct enrichment programs as assigned.
5. Monitor area outcomes weekly.
6. Participate in required staff training.
7. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
8. Develop lesson plans that integrate academics and correlate with skills pertinent to career pathway.
9. Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, training, personal problems and study habits; coordinate with counselors and staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
10. Administer and correct tests; maintain progress and attendance reports; track students progress.
Qualification & Experience:
Bachelors degree and valid teaching certificate in the state of employment and one year related experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid drivers license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website