Education and Experience Requirements
Must be at least 21 years old. High school diploma or equivalent required. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi or Louisiana with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise inmates in housing, work and other areas.
- Provide custody and security of inmates, including observation of inmates.
- Perform security of various assigned areas.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility,
- Prepare and maintain records, forms and reports.
- It is expected that the incumbent will work overtime, when directed to do so.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website