MTC takes pride in maintaining safe, secure, productive, and positive work environments and cares deeply about the well-being and the success of both its employees and detainees
MTC Medical is seeking a Temporary Dental Assistant to prepare detainees for exams and treatment. Other duties include:
- Assist the dentist in performing services by preparing detainees in chair and handling required instruments, equipment and dental plastics.
- Sterilize instruments and keep office stocked with required supplies.
- Arrange and maintain appointment schedule, perform clerical duties as necessary.
- Keep records of inmates. Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records; observe applicable HIPPA rules.
- Provide post-operative and oral hygiene instructions as prescribed by the dentist.
- Assist in taking patient X-rays.
- Requires periods of prolonged walking and standing.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, detainees and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her scope of work as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent and six (6) months clinical dental assistant experience, current certification or registration as a dental assistant in the state of Texas, and current certification in dental radiological procedures. Must possess current CPR certification. Continuing education as required. Must successfully complete required pre service training. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and maintain appropriate facility clearance.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website