Reports to the maintenance manager. Responsible for general maintenance and repairs on equipment and buildings, assisting with technical trades such as plumbing, electrical, painting and carpentry in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management and Training Corporation (MTC), and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
1. Perform maintenance and repair of structures, electrical systems, heating, plumbing, ventilating, air conditioning and drainage systems. Recommend contracted assistance when on-center repair is not possible.
2. Repair or replace faulty or damaged light fixtures, outlets and fuses as directed.
3. Perform minor construction and repair of structural woodwork.
4. install window shades or coverings, security locks, etc.
5. Perform repair or replacement of plumbing fixtures, washers, seals, etc.
6. Help prepare surfaces for finishing, including painting, as directed.
7. Direct inmates assigned to facility maintenance.
8. Perform preventive maintenance checks of buildings and equipment.
9. Perform routine schedules checks of air conditioning systems.
10. Perform on-call responsibilities in emergency situations or equipment breakdowns.
11. Provide cleaning, transportation, and moving of equipment as needed.
12. Promote the development of positive social skills among offenders through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when appropriate behaviors are observed.
13. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, technical training and general knowledge of repair and maintenance required plus three (3) years related experienced preferred. Valid driver's license in the state of Mississippi with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website