OVERVIEW: A Bottom Painter is responsible for prepping (cleaning, stripping, scraping, sanding) and painting vessels below the water line. Additionally the bottom painter may be responsible for pressure washing vessels, examining and repairing running gear and/or zincs and replacing props.
- Maintain a good work ethic and attitude.
- Maintain quality of all work completed.
- Complete repair work in a timely manner.
- Must have sound knowledge of preparation and application of various prep solvents and bottom paints.
- Must understand proper procedures for the preparation necessary prior to the application of bottom paint.
- Must understand the proper and necessary use of protective materials.
- Must understand and be skilled in the removal and reinstallation of hardware including running gear, zincs and propellers.
- Must have the ability to wear and use a respirator, and other personal protective equipment where necessary.
- Maintain and use necessary hand tools.
- Must understand basic requirements for proper disposal of hazardous materials (i.e. solvents, paint-related waste)
- Must understand how to properly store materials, contain particulate matter and have a solid understanding for environmental regulations and a respect for it.
- Other duties as directed.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Timely completion of work
- 100% pride in work ensure that it's done right the first time and exceeds customer expectations
- Ability to work well with others
Apply on company website