OVERVIEW: Operates forklift or travel lift to move vessels in and out of the water. Also moves land based vessels to designated work, storage or sales areas.
- Proper and safe operation of the forklift and/or travel lift to ensure safe and timely moving, blocking and placement of all vessels on the sales lot, service facility and in water
- Properly secure vessels to docks, seawalls, etc
- Proper and safe use of slings/shackles ensuring safe movements
- Places keel blocks, boat stands and support blocks under vessel appropriate to the size of the boat
- Slides and positions hull support blocks and frames against boat bottom for vertical support
- Mounts propellers on shafts to prepare boats for launching, when applicable
- Ensure all drain plugs or water pickups are secure, when applicable
- Power-wash vessels when removed from salt/fresh water
- Proper and safe operation of vessels while maneuvering in/out of marina.
- Assist customers while docking, tying, boarding and unboarding vessels ensuring complete customer satisfaction
- Monitoring gauges, dials and other indicators to make sure machinery/equipment is working properly.
- Checks equipment daily for proper fluid levels and general operation including hydraulic lines and hydraulic fittings, forks and straps condition, report any maintenance/repair issues to management
- Report any needed dock repairs to proper management, including electrical, water, lines and dock boards.
- Assist with boat shows and other on/off-site promotions
- Other duties as assigned
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Knowledge of machinery and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair and maintenance.
- Safe operation of all equipment.
- Ability to work well with others
- Customer satisfaction and enthusiasm/FANS
Apply on company website