OVERVIEW: The successful Sales Consultant will demonstrate the advantages and benefits of MarineMax and strategically position the company in the marketplace in order to sell new and used products. The Sales Consultant must recognize that business is built on customer satisfaction and devote him/herself to exceeding the customer's expectations.
- Enthusiastically embrace the MarineMax values
- Establishes and maintains good long-term relationships with customers before and after the sale.
- Develop long-term relationships with customers
- Acquire full knowledge of complete product line, features and accessories available for purchase
- Shows product in the showroom, at off-site displays or shows, and demonstrates boats on the water
- Follows the MarineMax sales process to improve selling skills, including prospecting for new customers and follow-up on customers previously contacted.
- Diligently inputs and maintains accurate and comprehensive customer and prospect information into the IDS system and utilizes data on a consistent basis to generate sales.
- Accurately computes and quotes sales price, including tax, trade-in allowance and license fee. Works with the Business Manager to communicate the requirements for financing the purchase
- Project a professional and knowledgeable image at all times
- Oversee the delivery of each unit sold
- Introduce customers to the dealership team to emphasize the quality and efficiency of dealership's service operations
- Professionally lead and support customer events including Getaways
- Actively participate in boat shows and other off-site promotions
- Demonstrate basic Seamanship skills
- Successfully complete all required training programs
- Bilingual preferred
- Other duties as directed
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Internal/external customer service orientation
- Achieve weekly, monthly and/or quarterly sales goals
- Achieve number of units sold targets
- Achieve total sales dollars (volume) and gross profit goals
- Timeliness/accuracy of paperwork
- Timeliness/completeness of delivery
- Consistent customer follow-up/prospecting
Apply on company website