OVREVIEW: The Service Advisor is responsible for providing support to the Service Manager, Service Team, and Customers. Responsibilities include working with the customer (either internal or external) to get the information required to perform the work on the boat, following through to make sure the work is completed correctly the first time in a timely manner.
- Assist Service Manager in day-to-day operations including scheduling and distribution of work for technicians and yard team, utilizing Service Scheduler and other tools as required to generate and manage work orders.
- Use manufacturer flat rate guides and Standard Service Operations (SSO's) to determine the time allotted for the work, and follow up on timely completion.
- Insure that the Complaint, Cause and Correction of each problem are noted in the IDS work order.
- Coordinate with the manufacturer and/or extended warranty companies to get approval in advance of repairs, if required, and take precautions necessary to guarantee our payment including but not limited to pictures of the work and returning parts replaced.
- Greet customers and determine needs, providing clear and precise instructions on the work order for the technician.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner, returning all customer calls prior to close of business each day.
- Promote the sale of additional labor services, parts and accessories in a professional manner for each customer.
- Obtain Customer signature on every work order, and collect payment for work prior to releasing customer boat. In the event the repair cost is unknown initially, obtain customer approval on work order to diagnose issues, and then contact customer with estimate for repairs as soon as determined, and obtain approval.
- Schedule, coordinate and follow-up on sublet contractors.
- Inspect quality of work performed as required, prior to delivery to the customer.
- Communicate with the customer during repairs and coordinate customer pick-up.
- Finalize and invoice work orders.
- Provide prompt, detailed and timely flow of all paperwork.
- Other Duties as assigned.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Internal/external customer satisfaction/FANS
- Turnaround time on repair work
- Effective communication with the customer
- Accurate invoices
- Accurate and organized service repair orders
- Additional metrics including $0 accounts receivable, number of open work orders, % of warranty reimbursed.
Apply on company website