We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Technical Program Manager (Scrum Master)Lead Technical Program Manager (Scrum Master)
The Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile Scrum teams to achieve delivery of strategic business and technology initiatives that provide exceptional business value to users.
The Scrum Master may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility initiatives using Agile methodologies and practices in a fast-paced environment across business and technology groups. This position requires an individual who has previously been a successful Scrum Masters and/or Agile Coaches on highly distributed teams, has been involved in Agile/Scrum transformation, and has experience in software delivery as well as can drive and influence change and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Assertive: Must be able to ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls.
• Attitude of empowerment: Must be able to lead projects and initiatives and multiple teams to self-organization.
• Attitude of transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to both business and technology and grow to grow trust amongst partners
• Collaborative: Ability to partner with others to achieve goals at various levels throughout the organization and lead others to do so by example
• Communicative and social: Must be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization from Scrum team members to executives
• Conflict resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussions and enable alternatives and different approaches
• Continual improvement: Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
• Enthusiastic: Must be passionate and high-energy
• Facilitative: Must be able to lead by example and demonstrate value-add principles to agile release trains
• Flexible: Must have ability to shift to the role or tasks needed for each situational transformation. Ability to “get the job done” regardless of role definition.
• Quick learner: Must be able to quickly gain a high level understanding of the technical and business domains of the scrum teams
• Servant Leader: Must be able to garner respect from team and stakeholders and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
• Situational Awareness: Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
• System Thinker: Must be able to analyse the entire software development environment
• In collaboration with management, lead and manage large, complex enterprise-level initiatives across multiple Agile teams within R&D. Some initiatives require integration with teams outside of the R&D.
• Work with Release Development and Product Management to align design, development and deployment schedules with teams outside of the Agile Release Train if needed
• Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, manage risks, issues and dependencies for/with external components
• Perform financial management of the initiatives including estimating, forecasting and software capitalization
• Provide status reporting and act as the point of contact for questions and issues at the initiative level
• Work with product managers and product owners to drive the definition and refinement of the product backlog
• Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on initiative level plans, progress and quality
• Facilitate alignment of dependencies between the program team and third parties, release managers and other teams outside of the train
• Foster a team collaborative environment that tears down silos between groups
• Provide real time feedback based on experiences with software delivery teams
• Work cross-functionally to align strategy, methodology and execution
• Be a change agent and foster a “learn by doing” environment
All about you:
• Solid expertise and experience in technology industry
• Previous experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach
• Previous Project Management experience
• Some previous experience working on large scale, multiple scrum team projects
• Experience acting as a Scrum Master for multiple scrum teams
• Experience with JIRA
• Familiarity with common Agile and Lean practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative development
• Understanding of fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
• Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
• Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Excellent English communication skills in written and spoken form
• Bachelor's Degree in technology related field
• Agile / Scrum Industry Certification(s)
• Knowledge of Mastercard and the payments industry preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website