Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleAPI Technical Support Specialist, Global Customer ServiceOverview
API Support focuses on providing a fantastic customer experience while interacting with businesses and consumers on global impacting Financial products using MasterCard's open API Platform. Support of this open API Platform is ground breaking for MasterCard and is the future of enabling a world beyond cash. Digital Customer Support focuses on three driving principles: Connecting people with information, resolution management, communication- all while centered on the Customer Experience.
• Have you provided product technical support on new technology at a global scale?
• Are you wanting to be part of a new dynamic team?
• Is leading edge technology and being part of a Global company exciting to you?
Responsible for the analysis, troubleshooting, support, consultation and review of Customer Support practices related to new technology and services in a customer facing environment. Will design, provide strategic support solutions adhering to MasterCard Standards process & procedures using both independent & relational database support structures. Ideal candidate will be very well versed in open API support, developing technical solutions, creating use cases, and tracking test results in a Jira environment. Person will be a technical Evangelist for MasterCard Digital products and represent the Voice of the Customer to the Product line. Application testing and support will be focused continually on the Customer Experience. Social Media data mining, supplying people with information, staying at the fore front of technology and big data concepts are needed to be successful. The desired candidate will perform bench marking, support roll out deployment plans/schedules while creating self-help tutorials, and at times scalable/repeatable training videos. Strong collaboration will be needed with all level of Management in this Open API space. Social Media forum etiquette and protocol knowledge desired to represent MasterCard as a leading edge technology company with superior and ground breaking products and services.
All About You
• Customer facing experience is required
• Liaise with the project architect and/or technical support teams to confirm and substantiate functional and technical designs.
• Investigate customer issues with web service applications to find and communicate solutions
• Serve as focal point for customer issues and capture detailed and accurate information about issues, concerns and enhancements.
• Identify and analyze processing incidents to communicate with both customers and internal partners
• Provide documentation of current processes, improvements to existing processes, and apply existing support knowledge to build out support models for new products and services
• Uses analytical and problem solving skills to help provide solutions that satisfy business needs
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Patterns and Concepts is preferred
• Exhibit solid foundation of programming practices – XML, Java, Oauth, SQL, Spring
• Understand both independent and relational database structures
• Detailed knowledge of REST based application software
• Enhanced functional and technical knowledge of API products
• Demonstrate the ability to prioritize work and meet multiple project deadlines
• SOA development experience preferred
• Experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website