We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleConsultant, Analytics, Data and ServicesThe Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include analytics, consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented analytics/data science professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Data Scientist
• Obtain data from multiple sources, collate, analyse, and triangulate information to develop reliable fact bases
• Apply a range of descriptive and/or predictive analytical techniques to rigorously identify client issues and synthesize analysis into clear, sound recommendations;
• Extract intellectual capital from engagement work and actively share tools, methods and best practices across projects
• Support MasterCard Advisors and local market account teams in client relationship management and business development effort, where required
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for analytical skills around data science disciplines.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard's solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
All About You
Demonstrable experience in a major financial institution, in an internal or external consulting capacity preferred
• Excellent analytical skills across descriptive and/or predictive analytics
• Experience of machine learning and AI would be an advantage
• Undergraduate or master's degree and work experience after completing your degree(s)
• Solid ability to write SQL
• Comfortable programming in R and/or Python. Knowledge of Hadoop & Pyspark also preferable.
• Experience with big data and a solid foundation in managing large datasets
• Experience working with payments/card data a big plus
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
• Proven team player with proven ability to work with all levels in a highly intellectual, collaborative, and fast paced environment
• Professional level English language capability/ and local language
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website