Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleDatabase Engineer - OracleProvide RDBMS support for MasterCard Applications. Guides and provides direction for MasterCard's use of best practices and application database solutions. Reviews new tools and products that assist in providing database support and services.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Leads in managing clients expectations and communicates proactively.
• Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
• Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects and leads some initiatives.
• Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
Bachelor's Degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle replication implementation (Golden Gate/DataGuard).
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle exadata administration
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle internals.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle middleware (OEM/ODI/OWB/APEX).
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning.
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL tuning background.
• Working knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN.
• Working PL/SQL coding background.
• Intermediate implementation knowledge of partitioning.
• Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software and Oracle 12C features.
• Knowledge of other database technologies, such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL, a plus.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize.
• Be able to work with team members located in multiple geographies
• Understanding of logical and physical data models.
Demonstrates an understanding of Data Architecture's role in supporting business processes.
Demonstrates a ability to participate in cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
Uses strong writing and verbal communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA's position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
Ability to multitask
Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website