We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Data & Analytics Principle Data EngineerOverview
The Data & Analytics team is an end-to-end and hands-on global team that creates scalable data infrastructure & reporting, working closely with the business to drive data driven insights to influence business decisions across Mastercard. We have expertise in data infrastructure, data mining, reporting, statistics, business and ML/AI modelling, and fully manage our own data assets and solutions.
The Director, Data & Analytics Principle Data Engineer, will be responsible for developing the data strategy, working closely with the business units to understand how they can best consume data, and how to optimize the back-end infrastructure to provide this at speed, scale, and in an automated way. He/She will manage a team of data scientists/engineers.
• Are you excited about Data Assets and the value they bring to an organization?
• Are you an evangelist for data driven decision making?
• Are you motivated to be part of a Global Analytics team that builds large scale analytical capabilities supporting users across 6 continents?
• Are you interested in proactively looking to improve data driven decisions for a global corporation?
This role will report to the Vice President, Data & Analytics.
Role and responsibilities
• Develop a long-term vision and roadmap of how to advance data infrastructure and analytics to the next level, exploring new technologies as appropriate
• Work closely with the business teams around the world to architect, develop, and maintain advanced reporting and data visualization capabilities on large volumes of data to support core analytics, predictive, prescriptive and reporting needs of various products, markets and services
• Create repeatable processes to support development of new analytics, modeling and reporting
• Work with cross functional teams (Product, Finance, Technologies) in the pursuit of building best in class analytical infrastructure
• Apply quality control, data validation, and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources
• Promote data driven analysis and analytics within the company and act as a Subject Matter Expert on analytical infrastructure and data at mastercard
• Provide 1st level insights/conclusions/assessments and present findings via Tableau/PowerBI dashboards, Excel and PowerPoint to support product development and custom analytical project delivery satisfying and retaining a global client user base
All about you
• Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision on data, and be a proactive self-starer to shape our future data strategy, and learn about new technologies
• Hands on expertise in data management, data mining, data analytics, data reporting, data product development and quantitative analysis
• Experience with data validation, quality control and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources
• Advanced knowledge of SQL; can create own queries to obtain insights and data across multiple tables
• Experience on SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Experience and knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Impala for data analytical and data management purposes. Experience in data solution optimization within HDFS environment
• Experience building statistical, ML/AI models and a working knowledge of Python, R a plus.
• Past employment in a Financial Institution or a payments experience is a plus
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo, and/or PowerBI is a plus
• Attention to detail, to ensure flawless data accuracy in reporting
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; be able to clearly communicate data findings in compelling messages to all levels of the organisation
• Must encourage teamwork, integration & inclusion
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website