We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, ESG ReportingOverview:
At Mastercard, we are focused on building an inclusive, sustainable digital economy, where everyone has an opportunity to reach their potential. We see firsthand how our commitment to environmental and social responsibility - and our core value of operating ethically and responsibly and with decency - is directly connected to our continuing success as a business. We recognize that Mastercard cannot succeed in a failing world. We thrive when economies thrive, and a successful economy is sustainable only when it is inclusive and when prosperity is shared.
The Sustainability team oversees execution of Mastercard's Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy. In partnership with Mastercard's businesses, risk functions and operational teams, the Sustainability team drives development of the company's environmental stewardship initiatives, ESG disclosures and ratings, engagement with key clients, investors and stakeholders, management of sustainability-related reputational risks and other priority efforts.
Together, our work is at the heart of Mastercard's objective to be a force for good in the world.
Reporting to the VP of ESG Governance and Reporting, the Director of ESG Reporting is part of the Sustainability team and serves as a partner to business units across the organization driving forward the company's ESG agenda.
ESG performance measurement
• Drive the internal collection of accurate ESG-related data including data validation and assurance processes within critical timelines
• Manage the Workiva ESG reporting system and metrics database
• Manage ongoing development of the internal ESG performance dashboard for quarterly and annual tracking
• Project manage the development and production of Mastercard's annual sustainability report, coordinating with content providers across all business units and external resources
• With Controllership, develop ESG disclosures for annual proxy statement, financial reports, and other regulatory disclosures
• Collaborate with Controllership to develop strategy to prepare and meet regulatory ESG reporting requirements.
• Monitor ESG disclosure standards (e.g., SASB, TCFD, UN SDGs) to ensure alignment; track emerging ESG regulations and develop strategies to address them across the business
• With Sustainability Team colleagues, develop Mastercard's response to key ESG ratings, rankings, surveys and RFP requests
• Partner with Marketing & Communications to amplify Mastercard's ESG leadership across vehicles and channels including websites
• Support preparation of management and Board presentations on ESG
• Facilitate agenda development for regular ESG Working Group and Sustainability Team meetings
All About You:
• Prior experience in reporting and analysis of financial and/or non-financial metrics and KPIs
• Knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks and methodologies including GRI, SASB, TCFD, and UN SDGs
• Experience in transformational change and associated project management skills
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and develop deep content knowledge quickly
• Experience producing annual reports a plus
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Workiva reporting system a plus
• Strong listener, collaborative, diplomatic, and consultative
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels and functions
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree or professional designation desirableIn the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Westchester County Salary Range: $145,000 - $224,000
Apply on company website