We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Operations & Technology, NordicsOverview
The O&T Europe team is looking for a Director, Operations & Technology, Nordics; to represent O&T in the Division and align O&T to support the Division to deliver on its strategy & key objectives. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, tech-savvyl, influencial, and possesses strong communication skills.
Represent O&T in the Division and align O&T to support the Division to deliver on its strategy & key objectives:
• Establish O&T objectives to support the Division & provide on-going engagement with the executives in the Division
• Align O&T programs to deliver on these objectives
• Deliver O&T Quarterly Business Reviews to provide progress status on these objectives to the Division President and his/her leadership team
Protect the Mastercard business in the Division
• Define strategy & provide oversight to deliver operation & service excellence in the Division
• Engage regularly with key customers to review service levels & provide education on our technical platforms
• Ensure O&T compliancy to market regulations in the Division & engage with regulators to demonstrate our operation & cyber resilience
• Provide Escalation path for all customer & employee impacting events for the Division and manage crisis & incidents at Division level
Support the Division to achieve its growth objectives
• Embed in the Division by being part of the Division leadership team to contribute to the success of the Division from a business and technology perspectives
• Engage with customers (CIO, CTO, CSO) at strategic level and demonstrates thought IT leadership, positioning O&T and Mastercard as a trusted tech advisor
• Manage the O&T efforts in supporting major sales deals/RFPs for the Division and support the sales team during the deal customer engagements
• Provide oversight over strategic technology initiatives and key projects in the Division
• Provide technical consultancy as needed for business expansion and growth, of initiatives with strategic importance cross-functional and cross-geographies
Lead O&T staff in the Division
• Provide leadership to O&T business units located in the Division: Corporate Security, Customer Care, Operations & EDE
• Provide “One Team” messaging to the O&T staff, regional & Divisional strategy and objective communication to O&T staff located in the Division
• Represent O&T in the Division for People & Capabilities activities such as performance management, talent management and people development
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Skills: advance in Technology, Relationship Management and Communication; intermediate in Strategy and Operations
• Build trusted relationships with the Division leadership, with key stakeholders in the markets (customers, financial authorities, processors), and with key O&T programs
• Relentless focus on operation excellence in the Division
• Continually look at the market and competition to adapt the O&T vision to the Division reality and to feedback/influence O&T overall strategy in the Region
• Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
• Follow through on commitments
• Be a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker, able to communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Always look for potential solutions to solve problems
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website