We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Product Manager, Technical, RiskReconOverview
The Technical Product Manager directs, prioritizes, and accepts the work generated by development teams. The Technical Product Manager is responsible for understanding the business value and user needs of a feature, then working with development teams to translate the feature into detailed technical requirements for delivery.
• Work with Product Management leadership to understand business value and user requirements of upcoming product enhancements
• Leads development workshops for creation of detailed product specifications and user stories
• Determines release goals for the platform and prioritizes assigned features according to business and platform value, adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• Contributes near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap
• Attend daily feature standups to address questions or issues arising during development
• Makes trade-off decisions on platform product features
• Uses runtime metrics of their services in market as a feedback loop into the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
• Exhibits expertise within platform feature area and coordinates with interdependent teams
• Identifies innovations or performs test and learn experiments to create features that add more business and customer value for a platform product
• Digests business customer requirements (user stories, use cases) and platform requirements for a platform feature set
• Has visibility into the design of the user experience
• Continuously monitors feature development at the feature level
• Reviews product demo with the development team against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Prepares launches and monitors platform performances, adoption, and operational health for feature sets
• Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the feature
• Works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues
• Develops and implements new metrics into measurement techniques; works with development teams to develop reports to monitor them
• Owns and manages product documentation and internal training for feature sets
• Establishes a network within the organization; begins to build internal and external networks
• Mentoring team members
• Assists with candidate selection and onboarding
Job Specific Experiences
• Take the time to fully learn the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems supporting your platform products. This includes the business requirements and associated use cases, customer's experience, back office systems, the technical stack (application/service architecture), interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations (i.e. trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
• Understands and can explain the business context and the associated customer use cases
• Proficient at grooming user stories, setting entrance/exit criteria and prioritizing a platform product backlog
• Understands the technologies supporting the platform product and are able to hold your own in debates with other PMs, TPMs, SDEs, and SPMs
• Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
• Verbal and written communication is clear and concise
• Improve team processes that accelerate delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website