We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Software Engineer - APIJob description:
As part of enterprise platform services, we are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented engineer with strong communication skills. The position requires you to build and support api gateway that supports api traffic for entire Mastercard enterprise. APIGW is responsible for ensuring secure e2e traffic routing for all upstream applications. This is a high visibility team that requires you to build scalable, resilient, fault tolerant and secure features onto api gateway ensuring we meet our availability and performance SLAs.
• Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs.
• Create systems and testing documentation per department standards.
• Follow standards in development and testing to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
• Adhere to MasterCard security standards, change management and quality controls, enabling automations where required.
• Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency with automations
• Self-starter who can take ownership of technical issues, identify root cause, define the problem statement and solution.
• Focused on building shared solutions with customer experience in mind and ease of use.
• Strong Programming skills in Java, python, bash, groovy and software engineering principles.
• Experienced in building REST API and SOAP web service,
• API authentication mechanisms such as oAuth, MTLS and JWT, SAML, WS trust formats.
• Strong understanding of WSDLs, XML, and related Web Services concepts and tools
• Understanding of Internet and Web Technologies including good understanding of network protocols such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP, MASSL, SNMP and associated tools and technologies.
• Understanding of network protocols, network security, WAF
• Understanding use of proxy servers and load balancers and implementation use cases.
• Familiarity with installation/configuration automation and scripting (Chef)
• Experience deploying and scaling distributed systems on virtual machines and Cloud Foundry.
• Knowledge of building CICD pipelines with hands on work done on building pipelines using Jenkins.
Good to have experience of implementing nginx configurations
• Awareness of security implementations, certificate management lifecycle, mutual TLS, SSL handshake, SSH keys, symmetric and asymmetric encryptions.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website