We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Data EngineerMastercard's Cyber & Intelligence Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behavior. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviors annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in our Vancouver office.
You are a creative coder with experience building and maintaining data pipelines to support data analytics work flows. You are also ready to delve into the data to investigate weird, needle-in-a-haystack Internet-based fraud cases and ferret out suspicious behaviour from the innocuous. Decipher the pattern, find the fraud and then figure out how to catch it in the future. You'll back up your findings with deep statistical analysis and robust data modelling, which will go on to inform feature design and fraud investigation strategy for NuData product offerings. You'll produce compelling visuals, exciting dashboards and give fantastic presentations to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an advanced level of experience in presenting to various audiences (both size and type of audience).
• Experience with designing, building, testing and maintaining cloud based data pipeline architectures;
• Experience with SQL and Python, and the ability to create complex queries and joins;
• Strong optimization and data modelling knowledge and skills;
• Intermediate level of data analysis and reporting experience in professional setting
Candidates without experience in a professional setting will not be considered for this role.
• AWS Certification - Data Analytics Specialty
• Experience with machine learning (supervised or unsupervised);
• Experience with high-level programming and Scripting languages e.g. R, PHP, or similar;
• Experience with data tools: SPSS, SAS and Tableau;
• High-level knowledge of Web Services, Internet Security and Online Behavioural Analysis.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website