We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Database EngineerWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
The Digital Payments Technology team is looking for a Sr. Engineer, Database Engineering to drive our customer experience strategy forward, by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Leads in managing customer and partner expectations and communicates proactively.
• Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
• Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects, and leads some initiatives.
• Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
All About You:
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle replication (Golden Gate/DataGuard)
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Exadata administration
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle internals
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL tuning background
• Intermediate knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN
• Intermediate PL/SQL coding background
• Intermediate understanding of logical and physical data models
• Intermediate implementation knowledge of partitioning
• Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software, and Oracle 12C features
• experience deploying and maintaining PostgreSQL database clusters
• experience maintaining multiple development, QA, and production PostgreSQL environments
• experience planning and performing PostgreSQL database upgrades and migrations
• experience performing production level support and be part of the on call rotation when required.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Be able to work with team members located in multiple geographies
• Cloud technology - bonus!
• Knowledge of other database technologies, such as Redis or MongoDB – bonus!
• Education (preferred):
o Bachelor's Degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge/Experience (preferred):
o Demonstrates an understanding of Data Architecture's role in supporting business processes.
o Demonstrates ability to participate in cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
o Uses strong writing and verbal communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA's position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
o Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
o Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website