We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Managing ConsultantOverview
Mastercard Advisors helps you grow your business through consumer analytics that inform smarter decisions. Advisors data analytics drive actionable insight. Our global consultancy delivers deep industry expertise to make sense of that data, layered with a proprietary marketing approach that drives ROI based on consumer spend behavior. The primary role of a Business Leader (BL) in the Advanced Analytics Practice is to design, build and implement analytical solutions in marketing, credit risk management, and other functional areas for MasterCard customers (e.g. banks, merchants, etc). In addition, the BL is expected to provide business development support and drive analytics-based innovation
• Have you ever helped a bank understand what behaviors drive portfolio performance and how to leverage this knowledge?
• Are you intrigued by the potential of big data?
• Do you ever wonder if existing data assets could be used in new ways?
The Senior Managing Consultant, Advanced Analytics must be able to demonstrate deep thought leadership in identifying opportunities, defining best practice analytical methodologies and frameworks, and building world class solutions to leverage customer data to improve member business results. Specifically, the BL, Advanced Analytics will be required to:
• Interface with Advisors regional Business Development, GP&S, Market Development and Advisors Global Business Line teams (Consulting, Managed Services, Information Services) to identify, size and scope of scalable opportunities
• Support business development Initiatives
• Ensure effective delivery of advanced analytics engagements such as, for example:
o Conduct statistical analysis of large customer datasets to improve marketing, credit risk, and operational performance
o Build predictive models and credit scores
o Conduct customer segmentation analysis and build customer profiles
o Leverage analytics to develop and optimize credit policies
o Target and optimize marketing campaigns
o Develop detailed business cases to optimize the implementation of analytical solutions
• Contribute as a thought leader to develop intellectual capital
• Work closely with internal product teams to develop innovative solutions for unmet client needs
The Senior Managing Consultant, Advanced Analytics needs to function autonomously with clients (usually on-site at the client location) either alone or as part of a small team of consultants. The individual in this role may be required to serve in the role of project manager, managing the client relationship and orchestrating the roles and responsibilities of the project team. Specifically, from a project management and client management perspective, the successful incumbent in Advanced Analytics will be required to:
• Define and integrate project plans for multi-workstream projects.
• Lead small project teams (consisting of other Advisors consultants as well as team members from the client-side).
• Integrate team results, and prepare and deliver presentations to the client.
• As the primary face of MasterCard on-site with the client/member bank, manage the overall relationship with the client, including business development, expectation management throughout the delivery of the project, and the development of follow-on assignments with the client.
• Team with the MasterCard Worldwide account team to cultivate, deliver, and leverage projects / relationships with the member bank.
This role is a hands-on, with frequent requirements for statistical programming and data analysis. While the incumbent may be in the position of leveraging more junior resources (either from Advisors or from the client) in the execution of detailed statistical programming and data analysis tasks, he/she must also be capable and willing to be hands-on and self-sufficient in this regard.
All About You
• MS in Statistics or equivalent preferred
o Solid experience in developing analytical solutions for marketing and/or credit risk in retail banking or payments industries preferred. Particularly relevant to this role is hands-on experience in marketing analytics, esp. campaign planning, design and measurement, supported by extensive use of test & learn approaches - a business analyst, not a developer
o Consulting and project management experience preferred
o Strong statistical programming skills required (SAS, R or Python preferred)
o Strong, hands-on data analysis skills
o Experience in multivariate cross-sectional analysis of large customer databases (including predictive modeling, credit scoring, cluster analyses, and survival analysis) is preferred
o Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
o Strong presentation verbal and written skills required
o Independent, motivated self-starter - acts with a sense of urgency
o Meticulous and detail oriented
o Strong multi-tasking skills: must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects in a highly demanding global environment
o Trust-based senior client management and relationship building
o Good written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to package and present ideas with clarity to different levels in the organisation, incl. at C-level
o Self-starter with the ability to work unguided as necessary
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website