We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Development EngineerOverview:
- Have you ever developed an application with scalability and global distribution in mind?
- Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment, and energetic, innovative team?
- Are you motivated to stay on the cutting edge of technology?
MC Global Bundling Team is looking for a high-energy, detail oriented Senior Engineer to help lead a new Team that will be tasked to build a new platform that will change the way we work.
Senior Engineer at MasterCard is a high performing engineer within the organization and spearheads the architecture or framework implementations. She or he participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc. Additionally, She or he influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications. Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market. Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs). Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints. Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Hands-on senior engineer who brings considerable experience with Java, REST API and Jenkins, using Cloud technologies.
• Works in an agile operating model, collaborating with other engineers, tech leads and other functions to deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers.
• Automates and simplifies team development, test, deployment, and operations processes.
• Works with new frameworks and technologies, assists with prototyping and proof-of-concepts, participates in code reviews, and helps ensure a high level of code quality from the team.
• Documents applications and can train new team members on how the team's software is constructed, operated and fits into the bigger picture.
• Troubleshoots complex problems, determines root cause and permanently corrects.
• Provides support on activities such development environment management, establish required connectivity, provision developer access to various tools and resources.
• Understands the maintenance, operational and runtime characteristics of the platform software.
All About You:
• Key Technology Focus Areas
o Java, REST API, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Jenkins, Spring, Mongo, GIT, REST API
o Hands on experience of with security , key and certificate management.
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities
• Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website