We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Development Engineer - PerformanceOverview:
Who is Mastercard? Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
MasterCard engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented performance engineer to help deliver advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
- Are you passionate about performance engineering?
- Do you enjoy seeing the impact your work has on a wide range of customers across the globe?
- Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
- Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning while growing your skills and career?
- Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
- Responsible for ensuring that performance (availability, end-to-end response times, throughput, transactions per second, capacity, error rates, etc.) of applications meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Drive performance planning, monitoring and performance testing activities to ensure quality.
- Document and implement performance engineering strategy and test plans covering environment, schedule, test data set up, test execution and test summary to validate performance SLOs.
- Design and conduct different types of performance tests. Eg. Load, stress, volume, scalability and endurance.
- Monitor automated and manual performance testing, troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling (JVM, databases, etc.) using performance counters such as CPU, Memory JVM heap & AWR analysis, and drive performance issues to closure.
- Partner with operations and developers to develop real-time performance dashboards and provide periodic updates on application performance to all the stakeholders.
- Contribute a performance mindset to all parts of the software's development including requirements review, architecture, design, development, documentation, and testing.
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment. Public speaking as a technology evangelist for Mastercard.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong experience with performance testing tools such as Load Runner, StormRunner and JMeter.
- Strong experience with performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk.
- Web Application and Web Services performance analysis, scripting and testing experience and knowledge. Front-End/Browser level Performance Testing and Optimization exposure.
- Understanding of Java virtual machine and app servers; JVM GC process and its logs; performance metrics on Unix and Windows.
- Application development experiences preferably in Java.
- Protocols: Web, Ajax TruClient, Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- Azure, AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or other cloud experience a plus.
- VMWare experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously
- Solid understanding of networking concepts
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Able to teach/mentor others in their learning
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website