We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSoftware Development Engineer IIWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Enterprise Data Solution (Data Warehouse) is looking for Senior Software Development Engineer. As a Data Engineer in Enterprise Data Solution (EDS), you will have the opportunity to build high performance data pipelines to load into Mastercard Data Warehouse. Our Data Warehouse provides analytical capabilities to number of business users who help different customers provide answer to their business problems through data. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
• Develop high quality, secure and scalable data pipelines using spark, Scala/ python/ Java on Hadoop or object storage
• Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes
• Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovating with increasingly large data sets
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems
• Perform assigned tasks and production incident independently
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
All About You
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Data Warehouse related projects in product or service based organization
• Expertise in Data Engineering and implementing multiple end-to-end DW projects in Big Data environment
• Experience of building data pipelines through Spark with Scala/Python/Java on Hadoop or Object storage
• Experience of working with Databases like Oracle, Netezza and have strong SQL knowledge
• Experience of working on Nifi will be an added advantage
• Experience of working in Agile teams
• Experience on working with ProC will be an advantage.
• Strong analytical skills required for debugging production issues, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plan
• Strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task across multiple projects, interface with external / internal resources and provide technical leadership to junior team members
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, and perform POC to explore best solution for the problem statement
• Flexibility to work as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project teams
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website