We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSoftware Quality Engineer IIMastercard is a global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
We build analytically intensive software on top of vast amounts of data served securely over the web to many of the world's largest organizations. At Mastercard, Software Quality Engineers work directly with Software Development Engineers in small teams and are deeply engaged throughout the entire development process. They are directly responsible for ensuring great products and analytics for our clients. Innovation is also a key facet in the role. SQ Engineers are expected to never settle for the status quo in how Mastercard approaches its testing challenges and always look for ways to accelerate or improve the testing tactics taken.
As a member of the Foundational Services team you will bring your experience testing ETL processes to a company that puts big data at the fingertips of financial institutions and merchants. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenges that arise in rapidly scaling product utilizing complex datasets.
• Testing large, complex, high-quality features with minimal oversight by engineering test plans, testing and validating correctness of the software product
• Develop robust and efficient testing approaches to ensure a high quality product
• Support the coordination of large testing and release efforts with continuous delivery
• Test and validate solutions operating on terabyte-scale data
• Develop, maintain, and enhance automated testing processes
• Facilitate quick and robust feature development• Innovate and continually learn and work with new technologies
• Invest in personal growth and take on team responsibilities
• Innovate on code and database deployment methods
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• Experience as a QA engineer, Software Engineer in Test, Test Automation engineer, Developer or related occupation, leveraging software QA tools and processes.
• Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI testing, Automated testing, Test driven development strategies etc.
• Experience in Agile framework, unit testing libraries/framework, UI Automation Tool (Selenium), code management tool (Git)
• Experience in the area of cloud-based testing is a plus
• Experience in building testing environments is a plus
• Understanding of the technologies in Unix Shell/AWK Scripting, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
• Understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Experience in designing and implementing automated testing infrastructure.
• Knowledge of relational database in respect to maintaining quality throughout data pipelines.
• Highly motivated professional with excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Individuals who are curious, creative, and love open-ended problems
• Demonstrated analytical / quantitative aptitude
• Team first attitude, dedicated to team success
• Keen sense of prioritization and ability to time
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website