Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSr. Software Engineer in Test– Quality EngineeringOverview
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
• Unlike Traditional software testers who manually test code, Software Engineer in Test is a hybrid of a software tester and a developer to automate the testing itself. Software Engineer in Test will be embedded in development teams to closely participate in the complete software development process.
• This position will be responsible for driving best practices for exploratory and automated testing within MasterCard in working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
• Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you plan test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs – functional, non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
• Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
• End-to-end ownership of the testing processes & frameworks for our service-oriented architecture
• Develop and execute automated API/UI/Unit tests to enable continuous delivery
• Be a vital part of scrum team and participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products
• Translate high-level business requirements into test scenarios
• Write quality, maintainable code in Java
• Participate in code review
• Work with software developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests
• Work collaboratively and effectively in a very fast paced environment.
All About You
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Intermediate experience in Automated testing/software development.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in Java
• Proficient in at least one source control tool like Git or Bitbucket
• Experience in creating and analyzing functional tests for web-based software and API using frameworks/tools, such as Selenium, Protractor, Soap UI, RestAssured etc.
• Knowledge of micro-services based Architecture
• Hands-on experience with different types of testing (System, Regression, Smoke, Performance, Load, etc.)
• Knowledge of CI systems to create builds, ideally Jenkins.
• Understanding of Agile Methodology and other software development methodologies
• Strong critical thinking, attention to detail, and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website