SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Clinical Rehab Specialist PRN, scheduled every Sat/Sun 8a-4p Facility: Ft. Worth
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers, licensed for 3,424 patient beds with 16 hospitals across the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Seeking a Clinical Rehab Specialist (CRS) that acts as a liaison between internal and external referral sources, and rehab operations. The CRS is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payors, and other referral sources. The CRS will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical assessments and screening in collaboration with the Rehab Medical Director. The CRS is the primary responsible party focused on the referral and admission process of the rehab program.
What will you do in this role:
- Assist and coordinate in-take and pre-admission screening process. Accurately documents evidence of rehab admission criteria on Pre-Screen evaluation in a timely and legible manner. Pre-screen updates are completed within 48 hours of admission. Admission decisions are communicated to referral source within 2 hours.
- Perform on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Provides information related to inpatient rehab and program features to patient and family members.
- Communicates to patient's expectations and requirements for participation upon admission to the rehab program. Offers each patient and family a tour of the rehab unit; coordinating tour if unable to provide personally.
- Secures information relating to patients resources and benefits.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria, leading to appropriate identification of qualified rehab patients.
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria.
- Functions as primary contact for external and internal case management and referring physician. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all referral sources.
- Completes face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and other professionals. Serves as educational resource to patients, family members and caregivers.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis and development and implementation of marketing and business plans for the Rehab Unit. Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral source information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and information kit and other outreach and marketing tools.
- Proficient in time management. Prioritizes meeting commitments to referral sources. Develops a call-plan to prioritize utilization of time.
- Assists in developing the annual strategic plan for the Rehab Unit/Hospital, to include visible community outreach program and raise community awareness of services available.
- Ensures referral sources receive appropriate and timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital programs.
- Develops back up system to handle calls when he/she is unavailable.
- Develops system that ensures calls are appropriately handled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate of an accredited school in clinical specialty
- Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty (i.e. Registered Nurse (RN), Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, or Speech Therapist)
- Current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer
- Minimum 2 years recent clinical care experience
- Clinical experience in the care and management of the Inpatient Rehabilitation patient.
- Experience as a clinical liaison coordinating admissions for inpatient rehabilitation.
- BCLS certification (American Heart Association)
- Pass facility credentialing for Functional Independence Measurement (FIM) within 90 days upon hire, then maintains current certification.
- If RN, CRRN preferred and / or achieve within 2 years of accepting position.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website