SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical City Heart & Spine Hospital
Registered Nurse - RN
PRN - Seasonal
Progressive Care Unit - PCU
2 years acute care in area of specialty
Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 32 week season.
All seasonal RNs are requires to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
During the course of the 16 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager of designee).
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
The PCU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. Perform direct patient care within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act with emphasis on the cardiovascular service line POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use therapeutic communication in daily practice
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic Progressive Care environment
- Implement and direct care, using the nursing process with emphasis on the needs of individual Progressive Care patients
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing process
- Provide emotional support of the patient and significant others to make informed choices regarding healthcare
- Delegate tasks to the appropriate caregiver
- Participate in cardiovascular department specific initiatives and process improvement
- Promote a supportive Progressive Care environment
- Provide supervision of new employees, patient care assistant, vocational nurses, nurse technicians, student nurses and/or nurse externs
- Maintain high quality (age specific) care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients as assigned
- BSN required within 24 months of hire
- Current TX licensure as an RN or valid compact license
- Current BLS Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association)
- Current ACLS (American Heart Association)
- Must have a minimum of one year experience as an RN in a high acuity PCU or critical care unit
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website