Independently transforms business requirements into BI technical solutions that efficiently enable analytics capabilities to be deployed in support of business and strategic objectives. These activities include but not limited to: strong knowledge of corporate data sources; working collaboratively with Business and Quality Analysts to create innovative technical solutions; provide technical advice; and create necessary design documentation for deliverable capabilities. Partakes in team review of requirements and design documentation processes to gain solid knowledge of data sources, programming techniques, test strategies, and action/test plans.
At a senior level, this role must provide subject matter leadership and expertise on the technical solution of a BI project to support analytic deliverables and capabilities. The Sr. BI Programmer Analyst will have heavy interaction with our Business Analysts to ensure all requirements are covered and thoroughly documented
- Translate business requirements and knowledge of data warehouse to model the physical data layer, data mapping layer, and presentation layer in the BI tool that results in robust BI reports, analyses and dashboards
- Design, develop and support innovative BI solutions geared towards MMO operational areas that enhance day to day work activities of the end users within those units
- Work with a cross functional team to understand the business issues or identify opportunities and clarify BI system requirements
- Collaborates with analytics teams to design, develop and maintain ongoing metrics, reports, analyses and dashboards to drive key business decisions
- Participate with others to convert legacy reporting platforms and static report queries into user friendly, persona driven BI visualization layers
- Share knowledge and skills with your teammates to deploy BI capabilities across the organization
- Implement necessary change control procedures and perform deployment of BI artifacts
- Design and implement best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members as required
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, IT, computer science or related fiel
- Two years of relevant experience in report development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence
- Experience in data analysis and report design/development
- Strong knowledge of Tableau, some SQL, and basic SAS to write complex, highly-efficient queries across disparate data sources and large volume of data
- Ability to translate technical information in a simple way to non-technical end users
- Ability to question the validity, accuracy of data and assumptions
- Innovation around persona driven development and data visualization
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Seven years in a row we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for 80 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website