We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Primary (day to day) role responsibilities
1. Smart Square Edits
2. Kronos edits including Monday morning review and preparation for payroll
3. Produce the schedule
5. Regulatory Compliance oversite
6. Shift huddles
Student and New hire recruitment and on-boarding
1. Facilitate an environment for positive student relations and experiences.
2. Participate and facilitate peer to peer or shadow interviews.
3. Work with ancillary departments to provide shadow experience for new hires.
4. Work with new coworker and preceptors to provide positive orientation.
5. Frequent scheduled and unscheduled follow-up meeting with new coworker and/or preceptor.
6. Participate in 30, 60, and 90 day evals as applicable.
7. Communicate and collaborate with Manager and Charge RN as it relates to new hire and student progress.
8. Responsible for the primary phase onboarding of ALL new hires.
Ongoing education, mentoring, and process development.
1. Maintains current education files and assures all competencies are met and completed per policy and procedures for all direct coworkers.
2. Provide frequent and pertinent education. Mentoring and monitor for compliance.
3. Provide in the moment coaching and remediation.
4. Work with physicians and manager to develop process improvements.
5. Maintain co-worker communication boards and provide up to date performance data.
6. Plan, develop, and implement annual competencies using system processes.
7. Clinical facilitation of the Learning Center curriculum.
8. Support residency activities.
9. Preform ongoing education and skill check off for all new processes, equipment and service best practice standards.
Quality, Safety, and Service audits and investigations
1. Safe Investigation
2. Mortality Investigation
3. Chart reviews
4. Safety opportunity
5. Quality opportunity
6. Provide in the moment coaching and feedback for coworkers.
7. Communicate and collaborate with Manager and Charge RN regarding findings from audits and investigations.
8. Patient complaint and Feedback investigation and follow up.
Facilitate a culture of Quality, Safety, Service, and accountability
1. Daily rounding on coworkers and patients.
2. Resolve current patient/family complaints and issues.
3. Collaborate with manager for trending patient and/ or co-worker issues.
4. Just in time coaching when opportunities are identified.
5. Discharge phones calls.
6. Complete all per policy progressive discipline in collaboration with the manager.
Other responsibilities when Manager is not present or as delegated.
1. Facilitate payroll by ensuring Smart Square and Kronos accuracy.
2. Meeting participation and attendance
3. Function as floor RN or Charge RN in times of high acuity and/or absences (Should not be used to fill the schedule.)
4. Completes direct co-workers annual performance reviews in collaboration with the manager.
5. Facilitate effective throughput in collaboration with house and the key stakeholders.
6. Policy and Procedure development.
7. Primary role assignments for systetm projects.
8. Cover Call.Qualifications:
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Licensure: Unrestricted active RN license in the State of Oklahoma.
Experience: At least 2 years of professional nursing experience in medical/surgical, with demonstration of competent clinical judgment and leadership ability.
Certifications: American Heart Association (AHA) BLS and ACLS required.
Other: Strong skills in the ability to work effectively with physicians and a multidisciplinary team toward achieving a common goal. Demonstrated ability to implement a vision; problem solving; decision making; and establishing effective rapport with personnel, patients, families, physicians, and colleagues. Documentation of continued professional growth through formal education courses and/or contact hours. Job requires strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong leadership and critical reasoning skills in clinical decision making, planning and organizing, initiative and ingenuity, creativity, independent decision making, problem solving, and ability to interpret data. Positive relationship skills in working with physicians and multidisciplinary teams. Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams to the successful implementation of major projects and in accordance with established timeliness. Public relations and promotion of positive morale are important. Ability to motivate and lead successfully. Some computer skills are necessary.
Preferred Education: Master's (MSN) preferred.
Preferred Experience: Three or more years' experience in medical/surgical nursing preferred.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website