We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Supports and assists the Pharmacist in the preparation, distribution, and inventory control of medication and performs other duties as necessary for the provision of patient focused pharmacy services. Assists with training of pharmacy technicians, has been trained and is a resource person for dispensing cabinets, helps with floorstock inspections, has an active role in improving workflow. The certified technician will not have supervisory duties over other technicians but will be a resource person for entry level technicians. The Pharmacist will check all medications and preparations before they are dispensed. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.Qualifications:
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Licensure: Requires valid Pharmacy Technician License to be registered with Missouri State Board of Pharmacy and in good standing.
- Other skills & knowledge: Must be able to exhibit a higher command of job skills and be willing to train other technicians in applicable areas Must have all medications and preparations checked by a registered pharmacist before it is dispensed.
- Experience: One year of pharmacy technician experience in our healthcare system or have at least five (5) years of pharmacy technician experience in a retail setting preferred.
- Certification/Registration: Registered by the National Pharmacy Technician Association as a Certified Pharmacy Technician is preferred.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website