We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Senior Financial Business Intelligence Developer is an emerging IT professional who analyzes, provides specifications for, and develops reports and dashboards that support the data initiatives for various departments across Mercy. The BI Developer has experience with business intelligence and analytic tools such as ACL, Oracle SQL Developer, SAP Business Objects, QlikView, Tableau, Toad, or Crystal Reports. The Business Intelligence Developer has experience with programming in SQL, R, Python, ACL or equivalent programming languages. The BI Developer designs and plans automated analytical solutions, as well as debugs, monitors, and troubleshoots those solutions. The BI Developer writes relational database queries and has experience with data warehousing and data modeling. The BI Developer has proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification and methodology development. Forms productive relationships with end users by listening, clarifying, and responding effectively. Participates on project teams as well as working independently. Responsible for relationship with vendors and opening and coordinating issues with vendors. Responsible for writing fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards.
Successful candidates will perform a combination of the functions shown below, plus other duties as assigned.
- Develop data models, stories, and reports using Tableau, QlikView, SAP Business Objects, and/or ACL Data Analytics software from the Epic/Clarity EMR, Lawson ERP, and Kronos Timekeeping databases.
- Create and interpret SQL queries using Oracle SQL Developer and/or Toad
- Analyze, manipulate and understand data to present and create dashboards to make business decisions
- Collect and analyze business requirements and implement solutions
- Provide production and development support, monitoring and maintenance of schedule analytic jobs
- Create and execute project work plans, revising as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements
- Testing of analytic performance and accuracy before data source or application upgrades
- Evaluate and recommend new database and BI technologies
- Write clear and concise documentation for each analytic or report developed
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, especially the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Leads meetings to communicate necessary information and deliverables to process owners
- Individual will assist in mentoring and providing training related to business processes, tools and techniques used
- Assist co-workers in applying business analytic needs and concepts with the use of approved software
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field from an accredited college or university.
Position requires a minimum of 4 years of report or BI development experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with leadership teams
- Ability to frame analytical questions, perform analyses and communicate related results.
- Computer literacy with intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work with and preserve confidential information
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Audit Exchange and scripting in ACL or SQL preferred
- Self-directed, and able to work independently
- Proven ability to meet goals and work at a high-performance level
- Ability to work within a team environment and interacting with management
- Superior skills in the extraction, merging and transformation of large data sets across systems and databases environments
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Financial Business Intelligence Developer
Apply on company website