DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Director Food and Nutrition Services, Full-time Mercy Hospital Miami, FL
Since 1950 Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida. Licensed for 488-beds, Accredited by the Joint Commission, Mercy Hospital is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties to serve the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Services include emergency care, heart and vascular care, maternity and neonatal care (Level II NICU), as well as outpatient and CARF accredited inpatient rehabilitation. Accessible by land, air and sea, Mercy is designated by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and the hospital's Comprehensive Community Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida, and affiliated with HCA Healthcare's East Florida Division. As Miami-Dade County's only Catholic hospital, Mercy has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God's people and providing spiritual support. Since its inception, Mercy Hospital has been dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.Position Summary:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Food and Nutrition Services (FANS) directs and manages the daily operations and activities of the Food Services Department to achieve quality improvement, fiscal, productivity and patient satisfaction goals and objectives established by upper management.Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for staff performance and accomplishment of departmental responsibilities in accordance with corporate, hospital, department and safety policies and procedures to meet both company and regulatory requirements
- Provide high-quality service to, and acting as liaison with, patients and their representatives, physicians and employees
- Ensure efficient operation of the department and optimum use of resources to maximize productivity and minimize costs
- High school diploma or GED required
- College degree in Dietetics, Food Service Management or related field preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in Health Care required
- Three to five years experience as Director in a hospital or extended care facility in Food and Nutrition preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website