We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
We exist to help people with mental impairments realize their full potential. Will deliver and manage excellent services and systems of care for persons with serious mental illness.The CNA/ Behavioral Health Technician is a member of the nursing staff who provides care to meet the physical and psychological needs of patients on the geropsychiatric unit. Performs duties and responsibilities in manner consistent with our mission, values, and mercy service standards.
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS!
- Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Experience: Knowledge of basic nursing skills is essential.
- Certifications: Current American Heart Association BLS Required to practice independently.
- Preferred Education: Prefer some education in psychology or related field with one year of experience with psychiatric patients in an acute psychiatric setting.
- Preferred Experience:Two years' experience working as a Certified Nursing Assistant or Mental Health Technician in an acute hospital setting
- Preferred Certification: CNA or its equivalent is acceptable documentation of nursing skills knowledge
- Other: Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to use problem-solving techniques are required. Ability to interact with geriatric patients to determine their needs is essential.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website