We're a Little Different
Our Housekeeping Team helps create a lasting impression of our hospital to patients and visitors!
Our housekeeping staff are a crucial part of ensuring each and every patient is provided a clean, quiet, and calming environment. Mercy housekeepers regularly interact with our patients, visitors, and coworkers in a warm and frienldly manner. This team maintains the appearance and sanitation of all areas of Mercy Hospital including, but not limited to patient rooms, diagnostic testing rooms, waiting areas, staff areas, examination rooms and operating rooms in accordance with infection control regulations. The team is also responsible for disposing of trash, recyclables, and medical waste according to policies and procedures.
This position requires our coworkers to be moving around the hospital for majority of their shift. Performs all other duties as assigned.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
- Candidates must be able to read and understand basic instructions.
- While we would prefer someone with a high school diploma or GED equivalent, we would be delighted to provide on the job training to help you succeed here at Mercy
- Housekeepers are expected to interact with our patients, visitors, and coworkers in a warm and frienldly manner while cleaning their rooms
- Previous experience in healthcare or hospitality field is helpful
What Mercy Offers:
- Quarterly Performance Incentive available offered for those individuals who meet or exceed performance and attendance standards.
- Mercy Offers Competitive Benefits
- Shift Differential Incentive Pay
- Tuition assistance for furthering your education
- A place to grow and develop your career
These positions are located at Mercy Hospital St. Louis
615 S. New Ballas Rd. St. Louis, MO 36141
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website