The Surgical Technologist I is responsible for planning and preparing for the surgical procedure and assisting the surgeon. Maintains professional accountability for provision of patient care for assigned patients. Provide scrub nurse services in the operating room during surgical procedures under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse and assist surgical team as needed. Maintain patient rights and confidentiality of patient information. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent with one year of applicable experience required or New Graduate with an Associates Degree in Surgical Technology OR completion certificate from an accredited surgical technology program.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required or must be obtained within thirty (30) days of hire.
- One year of experience working full-time as a Surgical Technician in a hospital setting or a new graduate with Associates degree in Surgical Technology or completion certificate from an accredited surgical technology program.
- Surgical Technology preparation and/or experience in operating room technique preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of patient services.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website