Job Description & Requirements
Academic Pediatric Anesthesiologist in Connecticut
Merritt Hawkins Department of Academic Recruiting has partnered with Yale School of Medicine Department of Anesthesiology to find board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric anesthesiologists.
The Division of Pediatric Anesthesiology provides care for approximately 9,000 children in various clinical settings, including Children's Hospital operating rooms, MRI, CT scan, interventional cardiology/radiology, radiation oncology, and pain management. The pediatric pain management team collaborates with pediatricians, surgeons, and other clinicians to manage children's pain after surgery or injury.
There is an established pediatric fellowship training program as well as an opportunity to work with anesthesia residents. There are robust clinical/translational research programs within the Department, including opportunities for T-32 and National Clinical Scholar Physicians.
All candidates must have strong teaching skills that will be integral to the education of residents, advanced practice providers, nurses, and fellows. Also, applicants must be pediatric anesthesiology fellowship-trained and board-certified or board-eligible.
- Recruiting needs due to growth—hospital is focused on pediatric growth in surgical cardiac and orthopedics
- Providers can see a wide range of general surgery, orthopedics/spine, dental, neonatal, cardiac, neurosurgical, craniofacial, head and neck (ENT), ophthalmic, GI (including endoscopy), and outpatient anesthesia. The main site is The Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital, a teaching tertiary care academic referral center.
- Currently, the department comprises 110 faculty members, 76 residents, 90 CRNAs, 12 clinical fellows, and postdoctoral research fellows.
- The pediatric anesthesia division comprises 11 faculty, all board-certified subspecialists, and 2 pediatric ACGME fellows per year.
- The pediatric cardiac anesthesia team does approximately 100 cardiac cases each year; hopefully, they will do the first heart transplant this year.
- Clinical care is provided in a care team model, in conjunction with a variety of clinical practitioners, including residents, fellows, CRNAs, APRNs, PAs, RNs, and anesthesia technicians.
- Clinical research ongoing in the Department includes industry-funded clinical trials, NIH-funded research of new care delivery models, and foundation grants that range from patient safety and outcomes research to environmental impact assessments, to research into the history of anesthesiology.
- General, pediatric anesthesia
- Pediatric heart transplant/cardiac anesthesia
- Pediatric liver transplant
- Quality, performance improvement, patient outcomes, or safety efforts
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation's leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Anesthesiologist, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia, Physician, Healthcare, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical, Doctor, Perioperative Medicine, Perioperative, Md, ANES
Job Description & RequirementsAcademic Pediatric Anesthesiologist in ConnecticutStartDate: ASAPMerritt Hawkins D...
Apply on company website