Job Description & Requirements
Section Director of Clinical Microbiology in Ohio
University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center/Case Western Reserve University Department of Pathology is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as its Section Director of Clinical Microbiology. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a state-of-the-art microbiology program within a large integrated health system and receive support to be involved in clinical, translational, or basic research. The ideal candidate will have proven leadership experience as well as expertise in clinical microbiology.
- Incredible leadership role within a division that provides comprehensive laboratory services across the full spectrum of diagnostic specialties
- Centralized microbiology laboratory features total laboratory automation and advanced molecular microbiology
- Laboratory features a robust translational research program
- CWRU Department of Pathology is in the top 10 nationally in NIH funding
- Division laboratory sections are led by nationally prominent academic physicians, doctoral scientists, and researchers
- Intra-departmental collaboration with the Center for Global Health and Diseases
- Seeking Incoming Director with 5+ years post-fellowship training experience covering a broad breadth of all aspects of Microbiology
- Candidates must hold an MD (or equivalent) or PhD
- Demonstrated experience in leading an academic clinical microbiology laboratory plus the ability to participate in projects prioritizing and coordination desired
- MD candidates must be board-certified with fellowship training or specialty expertise in medical microbiology
- Ph.D. candidates must have completed a CPEP-approved fellowship and be ABMM board-certified
- Candidates must possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills required to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse team environment
- Lower cost of living than other major cities
- A variety of housing options, including urban residences, waterfront properties, and suburban neighborhoods
- An abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, lakefront activities, and golfing
- An array of amenities, including an international airport, top-notch shopping and dining options, professional sports teams, and world-class performing arts.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation's leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Medical Microbiology, Microbiologist, Infectious Disease, Medical Science, Epidemiology, Pathology Lab, Pathology, Laboratory, Cytologic, Pathology, Healthcare, Health Care, Medical, Medical Technology, Patient Care
Job Description & RequirementsSection Director of Clinical Microbiology in OhioStartDate: ASAPUniversity Hospita...
Apply on company website