Methodist Hospital Northeast
Certified Medical Technologist II
PRN Non Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory Department. Submit your application today!
Seeking a Certified Medical Technologist II to join our team who is responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease, analyzing and assuming accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
In this role, the Certified Medical Technologist II will:
- Perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
- Analyze test results - demonstrate knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
- Understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance; troubleshoot and take corrective action. Demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
- Understand, perform, and practice quality control to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required. Communicate any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
- Review, write or modify departmental procedures or policies.
- Meet timeliness for gaining skills. Satisfactorily complete competency checklist for this position. Assume responsibility for own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
A minimum of 15 years of clinical lab experience is required for those with a high school diploma or equivalent. For those with an Associate's degree, a minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical lab setting is required. Clinical lab experience is preferred for those with a Bachelor's degree.
One of the following certifications is required: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), CLT(NCA), MLT(ASCP), or MLT(AMT). The certification requirement is waived for those with 5 years of lab experience.
Methodist ER Converse
Methodist ER Converse serves the Converse and surrounding area with our 24/7 freestanding emergency center. This 12,650 square-foot facility features 12 all-private treatment rooms and a full range of services such as radiology, full-service laboratory, telemetry, immediate intervention for serious emergencies, and 24-hour monitoring and testing of cardiac patients. We also offer unique use of a Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS), which allows staff to electronically transmit diagnostic images from Methodist ER Converse to any Methodist credentialed physician's office, specialist or any Methodist hospital emergency room for seamless follow-up. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist ER Converse under Locations, Emergency Rooms.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website