DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team!
Department: Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
The BMT RN Coordinator is responsible for the planning and coordination of care for complex hematologic malignancies requiring a stem cell transplant or other cellular therapies. Coordinating patient care across the continuum from referral through the cellular therapy (CT) process. Also serves as the liaison and clinical resource for patients, families, physicians, multidisciplinary team, and community partners.
1. Optimize patient outcomes and quality of life throughout the cell therapy process.
2. Utilizes BMT pathways developed by the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network. Documents deviations from the pathway when they occur.
3. All patient information is entered into StafaCT in a timely manner from referral through CT infusion.
4. Servers as a liaison between the patient, referring provider and the CT program.
5. Collaborates with the intradepartmental staff (apheresis, CTL, nursing) and interdepartmental staff (Imaging, Cardiology, Laboratory) to ensure the patient gets through the CT process.
6. Assists with the collection of transplant and cellular therapy data.
7. Complies with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
8. Maintains and promotes professional standards and development by participating with in-services, committees, staff meetings, and performance improvement activities.
9. Facilitates cognitive, affective, and behavioral changes consistent with plan of care.
10. Coordinates and promotes the clinical activities of stem cell transplant and other cellular therapies.
11. Coordinates the patient and donor pre-transplant workup and visits. Gathers and reviews all pertinent clinical information (medical & psychosocial) and presents findings to the physician.
12. Interprets clinical information and pre-transplant eligibility criteria, and identifies abnormalities and notifies the physician, as appropriate.
13. Collaborates with the physician to ensure appropriate selection of the donor/s for the intended recipient.
14. Conducts donor searches and interprets Human Leukocyte Antigen (HLA) testing results for recipients and donors including the presence of recipient HLA antibodies. As applicable, collaborates with the Unrelated Donor Search Coordinator.
15. Acts as a liaison with the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) to assess human, financial, and material resources of the patient and families.
16. Collaborates with the Financial Coordinator to ensure insurance authorization is obtained for transplant and cellular therapies.
Prepares transplant admission by ensuring orders are written, secures admission date; all transplant related documents are signed by the physician and patient where applicable.
18. Educates patients and caregivers on the transplant process, pre-and post-transplant issues, and procedures associated with transplant.
19. Collaborates with transplant provider and other health care providers involved in patient's care to establish a plan of care and facilitates continuity of care amongst teams.
20. Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
21. Utilizes cost-effectiveness in evaluating care management patient needs.
22. Promotes/practices cost effectiveness by the judicious use of resources.
23. Verifies insurance authorization has been obtained prior to transplant admission.
Supervisor: Director BMT
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious RN Coordinator to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
MountainView Hospital is a state-of-the-art, full-service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the valley. With a staff of more than 1,440 dedicated and talented employees, as well as more than 1,200 outstanding physicians at our 408-bed teaching facility, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996.
MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children's Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement: MountainView Hospital is committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective health care in the community we serve.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bachelor's degree required
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Certification in BMT-CN or OCN within 2 years of employment
Certification in BMT-CN or OCN upon hire preferred
Three years minimum experience required in cellular therapy or oncology. Five years preferred.
Participates in formal training in the care and management of patients receiving transplant and cellular therapy. Training to include transplant and other cellular therapy protocols, pathways, Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), and Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR).
Incorporate the ANA Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Practice.
Minimum of 3 years' experience as RN in stem cell transplant/hematology nursing OR prior transplant coordination (i.e. solid tumor experience).
Participates in professional activities and act as a leader in promoting best practices, department specific initiatives and process improvement.
Act as a resource to the members of the multidisciplinary team on transplant care, protocols and procedures.
Coordinate and participate in telemedicine conferences with transplant physician, referring physician, patient, etc.
Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with patients and their support system.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website