Reports to the Food Service Administrator. Responsible for the preparation of facility meals based on pre-planned menus in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC), Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections (ODRC) directives and local health department regulations.
- Supervision of preparing and cooking quantity of food required according to menu and number of inmates.
- Maintain kitchen equipment in orderly workable condition. Ensure work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times through supervision of inmates.
- Prepare foods as directed for special facility functions and visitors.
- Assist with supervision of inmates cleaning kitchen work areas following each meal.
- Supervise inmates assigned to assist in the inmate dining facility.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Provide custody and security of inmates including observation of inmates.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in inmate records which is related to the inmates' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Properly prepare and maintain records, forms, and reports, as appropriate.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
- This position may require mandatory overtime when needed.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Food service training, one (1) year of food service or related experience preferred. United States citizenship required. Valid driver's license in the state of Ohio with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) check, pre-service and in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check. Must also complete and maintain ServSafe training/certification
MTC is an equal opportunity employer
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website