Ready to be a part of something big? At the Edison Job Corps Center in Edison, New Jersey we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, Paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions. Hiring immediately!
- Assist the supervisor, recreation in planning, implementing and coordinating a comprehensive and diversified program which will attract voluntary participation.
- Organize and supervise student participation in a variety of recreation activities.
- Conduct and coordinate recreation activities.
- Chaperone students to center recreation functions.
- Assist with monitoring of the student store.
- Operate and maintain DVD/video projection system and related equipment.
- Conduct activities for career preparation students that enhance student retention.
- Conduct activities with other departments on center to offer a variety of activities that meet the needs of all students.
- Conduct PE classes.
- Assist in the evaluation of DVD/video offerings through student input and personal evaluation and make recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in Career Development Services System (CDSS) by creating positive peer leadership and role modeling techniques through activities on and off center.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year recreation experience or verified voluntary experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid commercial driver's license with an acceptable driving record or ability to obtain commercial license within 120 days of employment.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website