Reports to the manager, safety & security. Responsible for the management of the center safety program, security and fire protection, tort claims and significant incidents, in compliance with federal, state and local regulations and government and management directives.
1. Assist the manager, safety and security in developing new and revised policies and procedures affecting safety and security; coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with overall center objectives relating to the safety and security program.
2. Serve as liaison between center and immediate community in safety matters; assist in developing and maintaining the center's master safety plan to include risk assessment, safety and emergency disaster plans.
3. Develop and implement orientation and in-service training programs for staff and students to ensure that safety policies are followed; conduct monthly safety committee meeting, and all staff training.
4. Ensure fire extinguishers are available in required locations and in working condition at all times.
5. Provide fire and safety procedures and literature to staff and students; conduct training for staff on OSHA standards.
6. Act as liaison to federal, state and local safety and fire officials as well as local industrial safety managers.
7. Assist in the development of community linkages in the areas of safety.
8. Oversee and represent the center at quarterly environmental inspections.
9. Coordinate fire drills and serve as liaison to the area fire departments.
10. Provide safety tools to departments as needed; inspect classrooms, offices, dorms, cafeteria and other center buildings.
11. Communicate closely with transportation coordinator, food services manager and facilities maintenance staff on issues of safety.
12. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
13. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent, associate's degree preferred, three years experience in safety or related field. Knowledge of building security systems, maintenance, emergency evacuation, building codes and OSHA certification preferred. Familiar with standard safety concepts, practices, and procedures required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website